Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Unit 12

Downloading a pre-installed VM seems counter productive. Doing the whole process myself I have learned what is what and know where mistakes can take place. It seems that it is easier to trouble shoot when I download and build the machine myself. The building of the system does not take that much time and it adds ownership to the process.
On the other hand if you are working with lots of data taking the time to build the system may not be cost effective. If the system is already there then the people can concentrate on the repository. The collection can be up and available faster. Time can be better spent building collections instead of downloading and building virtual machines.
I enjoyed building the VMs and collections but I did not understand every aspect of the install so I am not sure it would be any advantage for me to build the VM instead of downloading one pre-installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment