Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fianl summary

This class was very interesting. The last install Protege OWL was hard. I had to delete an app before the install would work. This all took a clenched fist and a nervous click. I still am not sure what I am doing. It was interesting to work in the GUI interface but I am glad we can manipulate things even more now as things did not go where I wanted them to and I had to delete and retype over and over. I also had a hard time not putting a space between the words. I really did this one all by myself although I am not sure I did everything correct.

The whole course was so interesting. I learned so much about the behind the scenes of the computer world. I took a computer programing class in the early 70's as a sophomore in high school and would have understood all this if I hadn't moved schools. I am glad i have revisited it.

Each digital collection management system had good points and not so good points. Overall I liked DSpace the most. Drupal was a good starting point and EPrints was difficult to work with. They all were interesting to work with and I look forward to working in the field in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment