Monday, July 12, 2010

Technology Plans

The State of the Union article was interestion but not a surprise. The government is always spending too much money and IT plans are no exception.
The ALA plan looks very organized and easy to implement. I am a member but have not had too much contact at the national level. The AZ branch has a good handle on technology. I am looking forward to seeing how their plan unfolds.
The Gerding article was very helpful to me because it had a step-by-step plan for implementing technology in the library. The school district I am in has a good plan that seems to follow this idea. They had a vision, they did inventory to see what was in the schools, They assessed what was needed and the budgeted for the technology. They are evaluating by asking teachers what they think of the new technology and taking suggestions.
This class has given me a new appreciation for behind the scene technology development. I would like to be involved with the planning of new technology implementation in a school district in the future. The information I have gained in this class has given me a good base of knowledge to build on in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment