Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ERD

In your blog this week talk briefly about what concepts in this unit you found most difficult. Are there still things that are unclear? How might you go about furthering your understanding of these topics?

The concepts in this unit that were most dificult were understanding the ERD. I understood the spreadsheet with the information and the need to seperate the different entities and attributes but I could not quite understand which entity went where and why. I have read the recommended references at the bottom of the Coulson tutoral and am getting a better sense of the relationships. I will reread them after next weeks readings to make sure I understand the concept.

The website Bruce mentioned was very helpful
http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/. It helped me see that the database is the bigger picture made up of all the little pieces of data.

No comments:

Post a Comment