Friday, July 30, 2010

Look how far we've come

When I started this course I did not know much about the building of databases. I was very hesitant to start downloading programs and files. I was nervous to close any programs. The ubuntu program that could have closed and lost so I was afraid to close it at all. After talking to classmate who had the same hesitation I realized that if I followed the directions I would be ok.

I slowly gained confidence as the lessons progressed. I still was hesitant to hit the enter key to see my results and was pleasantly surprised when the command line worked. This last week I used my first VM because I am not sure if I loaded all the programs needed onto the second user we made. However, as my gut feeling proved, I had not given the first VM permissions needed to write files so it was a challenge to go back and find where that was in the assignments.

Once I was directed to the assignment to give permissions I was able to speed ahead. I understood what I was doing even though I was slow and had to redo a few of the steps. I was able to make a database for the family photos I brought back from Chicago of my family and ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment