Sunday, October 17, 2010

Unit 8

This install was easier than the other two because it is the third one I did. I remembered little tricks from the last two installs that I was able to use with this one. I could not remember how to move from one user to the other. I had trouble with typos but not as many as before. I figured out from the past that I was the wrong user when it asked for the password. I knew that there was no password, partly from John’s post. But then I had to navigate back to the user1. I am beginning to understand and the pathways and terms to use in the VM.
I branding change I did was minimal. I changed the welcome to read “This repository is a collection of photographs and objects from Chicago during the 1933-1934 World’s Fair”. This was not that easy to enter as I did not know that I needed to use “sudo nano” before the long command string. Then I did not take out the "a"before and after the line. Of course it failed and I went back and figured out the mistake. It worked.
Customizing the look of the installation was not very hard even though I made a mistake the first time. The more I work with the VM and the command line the more comfortable I am so this install was easier than the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment