Monday, June 7, 2010

Hands on commands and Linux

I worked through the vimtutor with the tutor and ubuntu screens next to each other. Sometimes I could not find the blinking cursor and was ready to panic, but then I enlarged the screen and found it lower down. I also typed the wrong thing in at the end and remembered how to fix the problem from earlier lessons. It was pretty exciting to see what I could do with Linux. I am still waiting to see where all this is going but it is an exciting journey.

The only configuration I have done on my personal computer has had to deal with the screen saver or the size of the pixels on the screen. Otherwise I just worked with what I bought. After getting a teaching job in the late 90's I took all the technology classes offered. The classes were software classes to be used in the classroom so this is all new information to me. However I am drawn to technology as it is fascinating and the way of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment